Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Monday Morning!


It's been a while since I have posted, but I guess that's only because I have had really nothing at all new and exciting.

I did manage to finish my "Boo Squared" by L*K this weekend. Yes, you see right. I used green fabric for it. Is it stupid? You can tell me and my feelings won't be hurt. See, what happened is this: I bought the fabric it called for as I figured even a non-linen girl like myself could stitch this small L*K on this small piece of linen. Ha! I couldn't even do the first stitch so I abandoned that and immediately went up to my fabric drawer looking for a purple and, alas, I had no small piece of purple anything....no aida and no small piece of SW evenweave. I grabbed the green and personally don't think it's that stupid, but Rich put his nose up at it.

I will be doing a PIF with this pattern on CSF along with that fabric cut.

My friend Mercy (Hi, Mercy!) asked me to post a WIP pic of my "Betsy" so here it is:

So, it seems my Yankees will make the playoffs. Hmmmmmmph. I would be happier for them to win the division than to sneak in with the wild card, but I guess I should just suck it up and embrace the wild card. I don't know.....Boston was so consistent throughout the year....My Yankees are playing now how they should have played throughout the year. Either way, I will enjoy watching the playoffs! Yesterday, at Yankee Stadium, there was a tribute to Phil Rizzuto and it was just great. It brought many tears to my eyes. Like The Boss said, "Heaven must have needed a shortstop."

Rich has his second interview at Gander Mountain today. He is very excited to get out there and working again and this time it will be a job that he might enjoy. He won't get dirty and he won't be standing under cars and we can start to sell his many, many tools and dopey tool boxes. I hope he gets this job, but I am afraid that it's going to effect my life in the sense that he will probably be working weekends and evenings....and the day after Thanksgiving....I have to remember that it's not all about me though. I think I need to tattoo that to my wrist actually and refer to it often.

Sue, Laura, and I are meeting up at CATS on Friday morning at 9:00! I simply cannot wait to see them. We are just staying for the day as we figure that's enough time to do some damage at the merchandise mart and stitch and gab. Rich is going to go out there, too, and go to some gun stores that are out there. There is also Bass Pro Shops for him to go to and kill some time.

Uh-oh. I have to get ready to head out to Stroudsburg for my job.

~b.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, Barb! L*K BOO looks great on that fabric you chose! lol@ non-linen girl...Betsy looks great as well, keep up the good work. How is your rotation going? Lisa :-)

http://memyneedleandi.livejournal.com/

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Barb. I think it looks good on the fabric you chose. Put me on the list for the PIF, will ya?

mercy said...

The fabric color looks fine to me Barb! Thanks for the Betsy update! I may pick up mine one of these days and stitch on it :-)

Dawn B. said...

I like the green fabric so tell Hubby that's OK if he don't....LOL
Congrats on your finish. Good luck to hubby on the job.